Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Its RoundBall Time...

Since its fairly obvious that the Cowboys season will end up in disappointing fashion AGAIN, I thought it was HIGH time to remark on some college hoops.

I wanted it on record that I said in the first week of December that Kentucky will win the National Championship.  In thier current state, I would venture to say that is not true; however, I am sure the players on this team will eventually begin to play like a team as opposed to playing like a bunch of individual super stars.

Three of the starting 5 were in High School last year and those three individuals have been the king of the castle, the ducks nuts, the bees knees, the squirrels scrotum, and the dogs bullocks for the majority of thier basketball career.  For most of their short basketball career everything ran through them.  Now, they have to learn to play as a team.  Defend as  team.  Work together as a team.  And, eventually they will win the big prize as a team.

With thier length, speed, quickness, ability to defend the ball, speed, shot blocking ability, speed, and John Calipari heading up the ship they should be able to wipe the floor with anyone willing to step on it with them.  Given time to gel, this team looks virtually unstoppable early in the season.  It will most certainly take time to get everyone on the same page, but this team looks destined to make a run.

I know its early, but I like Kentucky, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Baylor to be in the Final Four.

Just a short synopsis of the college hoop season 25% of the way through.  There are still miles and miles of roundball to be played and I reserve the right to change my mind, but I simply wanted to get the early word out there.  Now let the fun begin...

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment